Kodi® media center is an award-winningfree and open source cross-platform software media player andentertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs).It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player forthe living-room, using a remote control as the primary inputdevice. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user toeasily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from aharddrive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using onlya few buttons.
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what soever. This means that you should provide your own content from alocal or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other mediacarrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to installthird-party plugins that may provide access to content that isfreely available on the official content provider website. Anyother means of watching illegal content which would otherwise bepaid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Estuary is the new standard skin and is designed to be fastand user friendly.
With the skin Estouchy, Kodi has now been enhanced to betterwork with larger 5″ or up phones and tablets. Kodi is not designedor recommended for use with smaller phones.
– Kodi does not supply or include any media or content.
– Users must provide their own content or install one of the thirdparty plug-ins
– Kodi has no affiliation with any third-part plug-in or add-onprovider what so ever.
– We do not endorse the streaming of copyright protectedmaterial without permission of the copyright holder.
– In order to upgrade from a previous version you must haveinstalled an official released version by Team Kodi. Any otherversion may cause failure to upgrade.
License and development:
Kodi® is a trademark of the XBMC Foundation. For further detailsyou can visit http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy
Kodi® is fully Open-Source and released under the GPLv2.0+ license.It includes many third-party libraries which use compatiblelicenses. Due to the inclusion of some GPLv3.0 libraries the entireapplication becomes GPLv3.0 as binary.
Should you wish to help on future development you can do so byvisiting our forum for further questions.
Copyright© 2017 Wikipeando